Dental instruments are tools that are used for specific clinical procedures like detection of the dental diseases, diagnosis and treatment procedures. The word “instrument” refers to tool or device. In their varying positions and specialties, there are several common dental devices used by oral health care practitioners.
should have thorough knowledge of the function and use of the instruments in
order to execute the complex or comprehensive procedures involved with
operative dentistry. Best dental deals include the instruments kits that
dentists can use as per the need to make the work easier.
Dental Instruments Kit’s Include:
- Diagnostic Kit
- Restorative instruments
- Periodontal Instruments
- Rubber Dam Kit
- Impression trays
- Crown or bridge removal kit
- Surgical Kit
Diagnostic Kits: These kit includes instruments used for diagnosis purposes i.e.
- Mouth Mirror: used to view the areas inside the oral cavity, those are hard to see in direct view.
- Periodontal Probe: It is used to measure the depth of the periodontal pocket or gingival sulcus.
- Explorer: It is used to explore the carious lesion in the pits and fissures of tooth surfaces and easy to differentiate between caries and stain.
- Tweezers/ Cotton Pliers: Used to place Cotton rolls in the sulcular area inside the mouth.
Restorative Kits: These kits include instruments, those are used for various restorative procedures, e.g. amalgam, composite filling etc.
- Amalgam Carrier: This is used to carry the amalgam filling material to the prepared cavity inside the oral cavity.
- Burnisher: It is used to make the filling smooth.
- Condenser: It is used to condense the filling material inside the prepared cavity.
- Mixing Spatula: This is used to mix the dental cement on the glass slab.
- Carver: It is used to carve or remove the extra cement from the tooth surface.
- Composite Filling Instruments: These instruments set has Teflon (Blue/Gold) coating which prevents sticking of composite cement material to the instruments while placing inside the prepared cavity.
Periodontal Instruments Kit: During periodontal procedures, which require to work around the tooth supporting structures, below instruments can be useful for the dentist.
- Periodontal Scalers: These hand instruments allow for removal of stains or calculus from the tooth surface with minimum damage or injury to the underlying gingiva.
- Curettes: Used for removal of bacterial toxins from periodontal pockets.
Rubber Dam Kit: This kit is useful to minimize the transmission of infection from patient’s mouth, less aerosol formation along with this allows for maximum visibility.
- Rubber Dam Sheet: It is used like a barrier between the oral cavity and the working field.
- Punching Ainsworth: It is used to punch holes in the rubber dam sheet as per the tooth to be operated.
- Clamp: As per the tooth type, variable clamps come with the kit, it is mostly used to fasten the rubber dam around the tooth.
- Forceps Stockers: It is used to hold the clamp, allows for placing the clamp on the tooth.
Impression Trays: The trays are used to take impressions during various prosthodontic procedures. It comes with numbers as per the size of the arch.
Crown or Bridge removal Kit: It comes with various pattern e.g. gun pattern or Turkey pattern. It is used to safely remove crown or bridge without damaging the tooth.
Surgical Kit: Solid steel tools are needed to luxating and pulling the tooth or tooth residue during dental surgical processes. The instruments are as listed below:
- Elevator: It is used to raise the gum or tooth during tooth extraction.
- Luxatome: It is used to luxate the tooth and make it mobile to easily remove from the socket.
- Tissue holding Forceps: It is used to hold the tissue during surgical procedure.
- Bone File: It is used for filling of diseased bone
- Extraction Forceps: These forceps are used for dental extraction; it also comes in a set for Paedo patients.
- Scissors: This is used to cut the soft tissue during surgical procedures.
- Needle Holder: It is used to hold the suturing needle during suturing process.
All these instruments kits are easily autoclavable. Sterilization of these instruments prevent the transmission of infectious diseases. These kits are listed in Best Dental Deals in reasonable prices for the dental professionals to buy online without any hassle.