About Endo Motor
Endo Motors are electrical equipment meant to facilitate the root canal treatment and are used during bio-mechanical preparation to drive rotary files for the shaping of the root canal. This helps the endodontist to prepare the endodontic canals at a greater place & comfort. With a range of powered rotary & reciprocating systems that can make root canal treatment easier to perform, endodontic instrumentation has advanced significantly in recent years. NiTi rotary instrumentation should indeed be conducted through slow-speed electric motors with constant and accurate torque suitable for the canal being handled.
Endo Motor Price List
|Type Of Endo Motor||BDD Special Price||Max Price|
|NSK Endomotor - EndoMate AT||₹33,000/piece||₹45,000/piece|
|NSK Endomotor - Endomate DT||₹46,600/piece||₹48,000/piece|
|NSK Endomotor - Endomate TC2||₹36,000/piece||₹44,000/piece|
|Woodpecker EndoRadar Plus - Wireless Endo Motor||₹40,000/piece||₹41,000/piece|
What All Are Included in Dental Endo Motor?
Dental Endo Motor comprises of a central body that controls the system, a micro motor and a contra-angle handpiece has the various files attached, and often a foot pedal that helps us for hands-free operation.
Generations of Endo Motor
- 1st Generation: It comes without torque control whereas a constant torque is required while performing biomechanical preparation
- 2nd Generation: It comes with little advancements i.e. a sensitive torque limiter in the device for shaping the canal wall
- 3rd Generation: It comes with simple torque control for the cleaning and shaping of root canal walls.
- 4th Generation: It is an advanced model with an integrated apex locator and torque control for increased accuracy in endodontic treatment.
Importance of Speed in NSK Endo Motor
During endodontic canal preparation, less speed is preferred, whereas more speed leads to faster and better cutting efficiency. The reason behind this is:
- Loss of tactile sensation
- Breakage of the followed by distortion of flutes in the instruments
- Change in canal anatomical curvature
- Loss of control over the handpiece due to increased vibration
Importance of Torque in Endo Motor
The handpiece’s ability to withstand lateral pressure on the rotating file without reducing its speed or cutting efficiency is torque. A torque often affects the occurrence of instruments locking, deformation, and separation. It also increases the instrument progression in the canal.
The Best Endo Motors save the dentist’s time by providing numerous programs to set up for various file systems, auto-reverse function, reciprocation mode, etc. An integrated apex locator is also included for the real-time display of files inside the canal.
- Auto-Reverse Function- The auto-reverse function allows the rotation of the file to shift to the reverse direction when the pre-set torque limit is exceeded. This greatly reduces the burden on the rotary file. When the excess load is withdrawn, the file gets back to a regular forward direction rotation automatically.
It helps to enhance the shape of the root canal easily and eliminates procedural accidents such as canal elliptication/zipping, ledge formation & root perforation.
- Reciprocation Function- Reciprocation during bio-mechanical preparation is the repeated back & forth motion used. It is more powerful than continuous forward motion rotation. It is also known as accurate angle control. High efficiency is provided by a wide rotating angle in the cutting direction, while a smaller angle in the reverse direction enables the file to move safely along the canal path while reducing the possibility of file breakage.
Advantages of Reciprocation Function
- Extends the life of a rotary file
- Preserves original canal anatomy
- Very less micro-dentinal cracks
- Less Chair side time and increase productivity
Key Points of NSK & Woodpecker Endo Motors
- A wide variety of Endo Motor for dental of renowned brands like NSK & Woodpecker etc.
- The most advanced technology like auto-reverse function and reciprocation functions are available to reduce procedural accidents.
- All major brands of Ni-Ti files are compatible with the Endo Motor equipment's and are available with Best Dental Deals.
- Convenient to use and portable devices provide the dental professional's flexible operation.
- Endo motor either with a cord or cordless, AC/DC operated is available.
- Increased Accuracy in root canal treatment and less chairside time.
A Guide to Maintain Endo Motor Equipment's
In order to ensure patient health and prolong the life of the root canal machine, maintenance of the Endo Motor Handpiece is necessary. Immediately following the thermal disinfection, lubricate the contra-angle head. The handpiece should be kept dry after use is also essential.