About Micromotor Handpieces
In dentistry, the rotary instruments play an important role. Most of the dental treatments are performed by dental handpieces. Varieties of handpieces are available in the market with various advanced features those are used to perform delicate operations.
Micromotor Handpiece Price List
|Type Of Micromotor Handpiece||BDD Special Price||Max Price|
|NSK S-Max M25 - Internal Spray Contra Handpiece||₹28,900/piece||₹30,000/piece|
|NSK S-Max M65 - Internal Spray Straight Handpiece||₹18,900/piece||₹20,000/piece|
|NSK S-Max M95 Internal Spray Contra Angle Handpiece||₹34,900/piece||₹36,000/piece|
|NSK SG20 Implant Handpiece||₹24,400/piece||₹26,000/piece|
|Tornado Contra Angle Handpiece||₹2,900/piece||₹3,500/piece|
|Tornado Straight Handpiece||₹2,900/piece||₹3,500/piece|
Type of Dental Micromotor Handpieces
Handpieces are divided into mostly 2 types:
- Air driven handpieces- Air driven handpieces are also known as air – rotor or high-speed handpieces. These works on 2,50,000 rpm speed, used for tooth cutting.
driven handpieces- Motor driven handpieces means low speed handpieces, as they require a motor to get driven. These handpieces are used for various functions e.g. trimming, finishing, polishing etc.
A motor can be driven by taking the power from either air or electricity. When the motor gets the power from air, it is called as Air Motor whereas when the motor gets driven by electricity, is known as micro motor.
The Most Commonly Used Micromotor Handpieces Those are Attached To The Air Motor Are
- Straight Handpiece: Straight Micromotor Handpiece is the long axis of the bur remains in the same plane as the long axis of the handpiece. This type of handpiece is used for trimming of dentures, crown or bridges, pumice polishing the prostheses, bone cutting etc. Micromotor Straight handpiece has rotatable type locking system in the neck of the handpiece that is used for bur change.
- Contra-angle Handpiece: Contra-angle Micromotor Handpiece is angulated to the opposite direction to allow easy access to the intraoral area. It is first angulated away then back towards the long axis of the handpiece. It also improves the visibility of the handpiece and provide a stable operation to the dental professional. This has a latch type locking system that is moved sidewise for the bur changing. It is used mostly for polishing, finishing of the restoration, polishing after oral prophylaxis, caries excavation etc.
- Gear Driven Handpiece: Gear Drive Micromotor Handpiece, gear is available to control the speed of the handpiece. Various gear head ratio on low speed handpiece provide different types of speed, useful to carry out dental procedures.
gear ratio (Red Ring): It increases the speed and provides to the
handpiece. This type of handpiece is mostly used for tooth preparation,
cavity preparation, metal crown cutting etc.
Advantages of Increasing gear ratio handpiece
|Stable continuous speed||Greater cutting efficiency||Less aerosol formation||High Torque||Reduced noise level||Enhanced durability|
- Decreasing Gear Ratio (Green Ring): It decreases the speed of the motor and provides to the handpiece. Green Ring Micromotor handpiece is mostly used in surgical procedures e.g. implant insertion, biomechanical preparation in root canal treatment etc.
- Direct Gear Ratio (Blue Ring): It provides the same speed as of the motor to the handpiece. Blue Ring Micromotor Handpiece is mostly used for finishing and polishing of tooth structure, restorations etc.
The dental professional can change the gear driven handpieces as per the requirement. Strong Micromotor handpieces are available online in Best dental deals in very reasonable price for the dentist to buy online and increase the productivity of the dental clinic as well as providing maximum comfort to the patient.